- 2013 Master of Art in Teaching (MAT), Missouri State University
- 1988 Bachelor of Science in Journalism, University of Kansas
- Middle School ELA and Secondary English (Missouri)
- 2011-Present: Kirbyville R-VI School District, Kirbyville Middle School
- 6th, 7th, 8th English Language Arts
- (scheduled) Nov. 2017: English Language Arts Content Meeting; DESE
- Sept. 2017: ELA Content Meeting; DESE, Missouri Writing Project
- July 2017: Branson Tech Institute; Branson R-IV School District
- Feb. 2017: Item Specification Workshop; DESE and Data Recognition Corp.
- July 2016: 6-12 ELA Examining Expectations & Exploring Instruction; DESE
- June 2016: Cut Score Validation; DESE and Data Recognition Corp.
- February 2016: Write to Learn Conference; NCTE/Mo. Writing Project
- Oct. 2014: Ozarks Writing Project Thinking and Writing Conference; MSU/OWP
- Sept. 2012: S. Truett Cathy Poverty Summit; College of the Ozarks
- May 2013: SMARTER Balanced ELA Assessment Overview; SW Mo RPDC
- August 2012: Springfield Literacy Institute Reach for the Stars; SPS
- August 2012: Active Shooter and Intruder Response Operator Course; Strategos, Intl.
- 2017: 7th-Grade Student’s American History essay progressed to national level; Daughters of the American Revolution
- 2016-17: More than 30 students saw their work published in essay and poetry anthologies, local newspapers, and in online blog platforms
Special Awards and Honors
- 2015: Kirbyville R-VI School District Middle School Teacher of the Year
Memberships and Affiliations
- Missouri State Teachers Association: Kirbyville R-VI CTA President, 2014-Present)
- National Council of Teachers of English