I was nominated for the Liebster Award by chelseeenel at thewannabestarvingartist, so here goes. Thank you, chelseeenel, for the vote of confidence. I’ve answered your questions below and then below that are my nominees and the questions again that they can paste into their post. Hope that all makes sense. I’m new to blogging, so I’m wingin’ it big time.
- Why did you start blogging? I just want to write and think. Writing a blog is fun, self-clarifying, and puts me in touch with many interesting people all over the world. And I love the feedback.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? For a while, a veterinarian, publisher, writer, nurse.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go? London. I’ve always wanted to go because it is historical, youthful, ALIVE.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Sitting in the swinging chair under the tree in the yard and having an entire afternoon to just read, eat popsicles, and watch the occasional car go by.
- What do you do for fun? I am a really content “homebody.” Don’t have to do anything exciting to have fun. I did, though, just yesterday tell my daughter that I would love to take another English lit. class for fun. I went back to college to get a Master’s degree when I was 45 and it was heaven.
- What are your goals for 2016? I just applied for a travel grant for rural teachers. My goal is to be awarded the fellowship, but it’s out of my hands at this point.
- What’s your favorite food? Rosemary and olive oil focaccia bread fresh out of the oven and not five minutes later. Got the recipe out of Gourmet magazine many years ago. It’s my specialty. Awesome with red wine.
- What do you do with your weekends? Brace yourself. I grade papers, run errands, practice guitar, go out for pizza, hang out with my husband, daughter, and son. Y’know, the exotic stuff.
- What’s your favorite show/movie? A River Runs Through It, The Walk, Gladiator, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Love Actually, and the opening 15 minutes of Mission Impossible 2 when Cruise is hanging on that rock wall.
- What is the achievement you are most proud of? Accomplishing a goal in my 20’s to be a freelance writer before my first child, while working a full-time administrative job. Took organization, sacrifice and determination, but I did it. I guess you could say it was a prelude to having that first child… that was a pretty big deal, too.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers? Enjoy 1) getting to know yourself better through your writing, and 2) meeting other bloggers who will continually surprise you with their sincere encouragement.
- A question I made up: Something I collect… I collect vintage metal recipe boxes and they’re getting really hard to find.
My questions for my nominated bloggers:
- Why did you start blogging?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What do you do for fun?
- What are your goals for 2016?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What do you do with your weekends?
- What’s your favorite show/movie?
- What is achievement are you most proud of?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- Do you collect anything? Details, please!
Bloggers I would like to nominate: